Secure working practices have long beena source of pride for Inglenorth Contracting Ltd and constitutes a core value of our organisation at every level. From “Daily Briefs” to ongoing training (both theory and practical) our workforce is always up to date on the latest, safest method of work. And our managerial team includes a dedicated company Health & Safety Manager.
Regular site audits are carried out in order to monitor our performance and continuously strive to achieve the highest levels of health and safety throughout all areas of our work.
We plan, manage, conduct, and supervise all our works in compliance with current legislation and best practice.
All our operatives hold CCDO (Certificate of Competence for Demolition Operatives) and CPCS (Construction Plant Competence Scheme) cards. As well as these, operatives have training and certification for IPAF, PASMA, Non-licensed Asbestos removal, Working at Height, and Banksman to name a few.
In addition to our own comprehensive robust health and safety policies, our company is certified with ISOOAR and is compliant with the requirements of ISO 45001:2018
We also hold “Gold” Membership with Constructionline, Safe Contractor.
The Directors of Inglenorth Contracting Ltd recognise that they hold the primary responsibility for the health and safety and welfare at work of all its employees, whether they are at work on company premises or undertaking company business elsewhere.
This responsibility extends to a duty of care to cover other persons not employed by but on the premises or to those carrying out company business.
Inglenorth Contracting Ltd undertakes to conduct its business in such a way as to ensure that all reasonably practicable steps are taken to minimise the risk to clients/customers and members of the general public.
Inglenorth Contracting Ltd will comply with all statutory requirements under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and any subsequent legislation that may be introduced. Inglenorth Contracting Ltd will so far as reasonably practicable:
- Employ persons who are competent in the work for which they are engaged and not a danger to themselves or to others.
- Provide such information, instruction, training, and supervision as is necessary to promote the health, safety, and welfare at work of employees.
- Provide and maintain equipment with which to work.
- Ensure safety and minimisation of risks to health, in connection with the use, handling, storage and transportation of articles and substances.
- Ensure that all employees are aware of the Company’s attitude to health & safety and safety rules.
- Provide and maintain a working environment with minimum risks to health and safety which is adequate, with regard to facilities and arrangements for health and welfare.
- Instigate, provide, and maintain safe and proper methods and systems of work to minimise risk to health and safety.
It is recognised that all employees have a responsibility while at work to:
- Take reasonable care for the safety of themselves and any other person who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work.
- Comply with any duty or requirement imposed or laid down by the Company whether statutory or not, in the interest of safety, health and welfare.
- Refrain from the wilful misuse, interference, or removal of anything provided in the interest of health, safety and welfare and any action that might endanger themselves or others.
For and on behalf of Inglenorth Contracting Ltd:
Signed: Date: 25.01.2022
Mrs. Carole Parr – Director